Thursday, February 25, 2010

My thoughts on current Pocomoke council members

For what it is worth (may not be much) I offer my opinions of our current council members, starting with 5th District, my district.

Rob Clarke
The one council member I trust. He is honest, respectful, forthright, intelligent, logical. I trust him far more than his predecessors. He listens to me and considers my opinions. This does not mean he agrees with me. But he listens. I think he would do this for any Pocomoke citizen without bias. He does not play games like his predecessors did and does not let emotion or favoritism get in the way. What you see is what you get. Very decent man. State Forester for Worcester County.

District 1, Robert Hawkins
Basically a good man. But he has been there too long. Goes along to get along. The fence sitter. Needs more backbone. Not as straight forward as I would like. Retired from NASA.

District 3, Bruce Morrison
Another basically good man. I lived next door to his mother for seven years. She was very kind to me and a good mother. Based on that I believe he cares about Pocomoke.

District 4, Tracey Cottman
I have limited knowledge of Tracey, just what I read in the paper and council minutes and what I observed on election day in 2009. She was the director for the Local Management Board in Somerset and is coordinator for Somerset Safe Schools, Healthy Students. She reportedly does very good work there. Rob Clarke tells me she is not in Cane's back pocket. But even the mayor was quoted as saying she was not always responsive to her constituency.

And last, District 2, Honiss Cane . . . .


More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment